Office of Structures Local Assistance
- January 2009 - Implementation of new Bridge Design Specifications.Caltrans has adopted the 4th Edition of the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- May 2008 - Memo to Designers 10-20 has been updated.This memo provides updated deck and soffit details for bridges designed using LRFD.
- December 2007 - New instructions for submitting As-Built LOTB sheets.Instructions for submitting As-Built Log of Test Borings as TIFF files with CADD submittals has been added to the Current Issues page.
- October 2007 - Memo to Designers 10-20 is now available.This new memo provides deck and soffit details for bridges designed using LRFD.
- September 2007 - OSFP has a new website. We've updated our website to a new format, and your comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please use the following link to contact us: OSFP Webmaster
- August 2007 - LRFD Information The California Amendments to the LRFD Specifications have been updated. Additional information is available on the new LRFD Information page.
- July 2007 - Geotechnical Services Geotechnical Services has issued a new version of the Soil and Rock Logging, Classification, and Presentation Manual.
- March 2007 - Conversion to English Units New information regarding the transition to English units.
- January 2007 - Availability of steel membersNew Information regarding the availability of steel members.
- October 2006 - Version 1.4 of the Seismic Design Criteria is now available.
- August 2006 - Rebar Spacing in Cast-In-Place Piles Consultants are reminded that CIP piles have specific rebar spacing requirements.
- August 2006 - Column flare designThe required gap between the column flare and the bridge soffit has been changed.