Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety
Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety Branch Chief
Traffic Operations Headquarters
(916) 651-1248 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Address: 1120 N St, Room 4500, Sacramento, CA 95814
Mailing Address: 1120 N St, MS 36, Sacramento, CA 95814
Featured NEW Items:
- Provide expertise on safety and mobility aspects of pedestrian and bicycle modes.
- Participate in research and technology transfer in the field of pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
- Develop programs to improve the safety of highway infrastructure for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Pedestrian Safety Resources:
- Pedestrian Injuries in California 2007-2013
- TRB Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Summary of the UTCs Conference, Dec 2016
- Community Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Training Program (CPBST)
- 2018 Community Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Training Program (CPBST) Fact Sheet
- 2016 Pedestrian Safety Improvement Monitoring (Pilot) Program Fact Sheet
- Complete Intersections: A Guide to Reconstructing Intersections and Interchanges for Bicyclists and Pedestrians
- Complete Intersection Brochure
- Deputy Directive 64-R2, October 2014
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities in California: A Technical Reference and Technology Transfer Synthesis for Caltrans Planners and Engineers, July, 2005
- California Blueprint for Bicycling and Walking, May 2002
- Highway Design Manual (HDM):
- Sections relating to pedestrians are Ch 100 (Topics 105), Ch 200 (Topic 208), Ch 300 (Topics 302, 303, 305), and Ch 400 (Topics 401, 403, 405)
- Chapter relating to bicylists is Ch 1000 - Bicycle Transportation Design
- California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD): Sections relating to pedestrians are Parts 2B, 2C, 3B, and 4
- California Vehicle Code (CVC): Sections relating to pedestrian rights and duties are 21949-21979. This link will direct you to the table of contents for the CVC; once there you can click on the section of interest.
Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety Links