Division of Local Assistance
Caltrans' Local Assistance Program oversees more than one billion dollars annually available to over 600 cities, counties and regional agencies for the purpose of improving their transportation infrastructure or providing transportation services.
This funding comes from various Federal and State programs specifically designed to assist the transportation needs of local agencies.
Annually, over 1,200 new projects are authorized through the Local Assistance Program of which approximately 700 are construction projects.
Welcome to the Division of Local Assistance
The Local Assistance Program, made up of the Division of Local Assistance in Headquarters and 12 District Local Assistance Offices, assist Local and Regional Agencies by ensuring specific program requirements are met, project applications are processed, and projects are delivered in accordance with Federal and State requirements.
The overhead associated with providing this support is only $27 M, or 2% of the capital funds that flow through to the local agencies.
- CMAQ/RSTP Monthly Activity Reports by Region as of March 2018
- AB 1012 Balance Reports as of March 2018
- Delivery Reports of Formula OA Funds as of April 2018
- Cooperative Work Agreement (CWA)
- Project Authorization/Adjustment Pilot Program
- Safe Harbor Rate Test and Evaluation period has been extended to December 31, 2017
- Federal SRTS Project Delivery/Project Closeout Measures (March 2017)
- Earmark Repurposing 2017
- Division Chief's Letter to Local Agencies on 2016 Earmark Repurposing Information Update
- Local Agency and Consulting Firm Conformance Review Process - Frequent Issues
- CEAC Transportation Committee - 2013 Spring Conference
- Transportation Co-op Committee
To report any difficulty experienced in accessing Caltrans programs, services or activities or any discriminations covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, please contact us at (866) 810-6346 Voice; 711 TTY; (916) 653-3055 Fax.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
- Local Assistance Home Page
- DLA Sitemap
- Consultant Selection and Procurement
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Earmark Repurposing
- E-76 Status
- Local Assistance Forms
- Inactive Projects
- Local Assistance Blog
- Local Assistance Contacts
- Local Assistance Other Links
- PE > 10
- Policies and Procedures
- Program Information
- Reports and Databases
- Subscribe to DLA Email List
- Training Programs
- Contact Us