- Office of Data Services and Technology - Formerly Office of Data Analysis & GIS
- Office of Highway System Information & Performance
- Office of Planning, Policy and Innovation
Data Analysis & Reporting Branch is located both at HQ & at 13th/O Streets
- Executive Fact Booklet
Caltrans Products, Data, and Accomplishments
- Caltrans Earth!
- CRS Maps
- Map 21 - NHS - Enhanced National Highway System
- Urban Areas - 2000 FHWA Approved and 2010 Adjusted
- District/County Map Includes District Contact Information
- State Quick Facts by Year
- Quick Facts by County
The Division of Research, Innovation, and System Information (DRISI). was created from the merger of Division of Transportation System Information (TSI) and the Division of Research and Innovation (DRI). We are still located in two different buildings, but we are beginning to merge offices and tasks. Two of our offices and part of another otfice reside in headquarters at 1120 N Street, while the remaining offices are located in the Veterans Affairs Building at 13th and O Streets (one block away). For clarity, the two and one-half offices in the Headquarters building will be referred to as the DRISI-HQ (Located at 1120 N St-HQ Building). The remaining offices (formerly DRI) we will refer to as DRISI-13th/O (Located at 13th/O Streets).
The portion of Division of Research, Innovation, and System Information located in Caltrans Headquarters building (DRISI-HQ) has a professional staff consisting of Planners, Engineers, Research Analysts, and Administrators. We collect, maintain, analyze, and disseminate information reflecting the characteristics of the State's public roads system. We are responsible for obtaining approvals of Federal and State highways statutory descriptions, and are responsible for obtaining approvals for the functional classifications of all California public roads. DRISI-HQ researches and reports general information related to the State transportation system's operation, condition, and performance. We are also the focal point for all GIS activities in the Department including strategic planning, enterprise deployment, spatial data development, cartographic products, training needs, software purchases, and development of GIS applications.
Some of Our Products:
- Data Analysis and Reporting Branch
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
- Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS) Branch
- Highway System Engineering Branch