Brian Alconcel , P.E.
Pedestrian Program Manager
California Department of Transportation
1120 N Street, MS 36
Sacramento, CA 95814
Email: Brian Alconcel
District Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinators
- Complete Intersections: A Guide to Reconstructing Intersections and Interchanges for Bicyclists and Pedestrians New
- Complete Intersection Brochure New
- Deputy Directive 64-R1, October 2008
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities in California: A Technical Reference and Technology Transfer Synthesis for Caltrans Planners and Engineers, July, 2005
- California Blueprint for Bicycling and Walking, May 2002
- Highway Design Manual (HDM): Sections relating to pedestrians are Topics 105, 208, 302, 303, 305, 401, 403, 405
- California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD): Sections relating to pedestrians are Parts 2B, 2C, 3B, and 4
- California Vehicle Code (CVC): Sections relating to pedestrian rights and duties are 21949-21979. This link will direct you to the table of contents for the CVC; once there you can click on the section of interest.