TRAFFIC ENGINEERING BRANCHES
Lucia Saavedra, P.E.
Provide expertise on safety and mobility aspects of pedestrian modes.
Participate in research and technology transfer in the field of pedestrian facilities.
Develop programs to improve the safety of highway infrastructure for pedestrians.
Pedestrian Safety Resources:
- Complete Intersections: A Guide to Reconstructing Intersections and Interchanges for Bicyclists and Pedestrians New
- Deputy Directive 64-R1, October 2008
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities in California: A Technical Reference and Technology Transfer Synthesis for Caltrans Planners and Engineers, July, 2005
- Highway Design Manual (HDM): Sections relating to pedestrians are Topics 105, 208, 302, 303, 305, 401, 403, 405
- California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD): Sections relating to pedestrians are Parts 2B, 2C, 3B, and 4
- California Vehicle Code (CVC): Sections relating to pedestrian rights and duties are 21949-21979. This link will direct you to the table of contents for the CVC; once there you can click on the section of interest.