- Air Quality
- Climate Change Branch
- Overall Work Program Guidance & Products
- Regional Planning Handbook
- Partnership & Transit Planning Grants
- Regional Transportation Planning Guidelines
- Contacts for Caltrans Regional Planning, California Transportation Agencies, and Federal Transportation Partners
Blueprint Learning Network
The Business, Transportation and Housing (BT&H) Agency established the Blueprint Learning Network (BLN) to work with the Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) and Councils of Government (COGs) to further advance regional blueprint planning. Regional blueprint planning will help the regions develop better land use and transportation patterns and help State agencies make better infrastructure investment decisions that support the Blueprint Plans and lead to a better quality of life in California based on the 3Es (environment, economy, and equity).
BT&H Blueprint Learning Network Team
BT&H has gathered the BLN team of the Resources Agency, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), the California Center for Regional Leadership (CCRL), and the University of California at Davis (UCD) to guide BLN Workshops.
BLN Workshop Purpose
The BT&H team will work with regional BLN teams in a series of workshops on overcoming the challenges and obstacles to effective regional blueprint planning. The BLN workshops will:
· Provide a common framework for planning and analysis/forecasting of land use, transportation, housing, and environmental factors.
· Be an opportunity for the State and the regions to partner to accomplish the regional blueprint plans.
· Learn together as the regions undertake their planning processes in the real world.
Regional BLN teams will include representatives from the 3Es of the economy, environment, and social equity as well as key MPOs and COG stakeholders. Regional BLN teams were invited to the following series of workshop events in 2006:
- Session 1: Land Use, Housing, and Forecasting / Sacramento – May 12, 2006
- Session 2: Transportation and Land Use Planning / Oakland – September 13 & 14, 2006
- Session 3: Environmental Resources / Los Angeles – November 29 & 30, 2006
Three BLN Workshops will be held in 2007. Click here to view dates and locations:
- Session 1: Making the Land Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Connection to Regional Blueprint Planning / San Diego – June 20 & 21, 2007
- Session 2: Air Quality, Agricultural Lands, Conservation, Economic Prosperity / Fresno - September 25 and 26, 2007
- Session 3: Environmental Justice, Public Engagement, Local Marketing Implementation / Oakland - November 13 and 14, 2007
- Lessons learned
- Troubleshooting blueprint planning obstacles
- Improved interagency and interregional coordination
- Increased capacity for regional blueprint planning by State and MPO partners
- Regional Blueprint Plans with improved land use patterns to reduce congestion and accommodate a 20-year housing supply