- Air Quality
- Collaborative Planning Branch
- Overall Work Program Guidance & Products
- Regional Planning Handbook
- Partnership & Transit Planning Grants
- Regional Transportation Planning Guidelines
- Contacts for Caltrans Regional Planning, California Transportation Agencies, and Federal Transportation Partners
- Senate Bill 375
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
The Office of Regional and Interagency Planning (ORIP) is responsible for administration of the federal Consolidated Planning Grant (CPG). The CPG fund sources and types are:
- Federal Highway Administration, Metropolitan Planning (FHWA PL)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Metropolitan Planning, Section 5303 (FTA § 5303)
- FHWA State Planning and Research – Partnership Planning Discretionary Grants
- FHWA State Planning and Research – Regional Blueprint Planning Discretionary Grants
- FTA State Planning and Research, Section 5304 – Transit Planning Discretionary Grants (FTA § 5304)
The FHWA and FTA require administering agencies, such as ORIP, to ensure that subrecipients of CPG funds are in compliance with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulation Part 26. Part 26 sets forth requirements for participation by disadvantaged business enterprises (DBE) in federal funding programs.
DBE program requirements apply to subrecipients of CPG funds.
RTPAs receiving only Rural Planning Assistance funds are not impacted by DBE requirements.
For more information about DBE requirements, please refer to section 6.06 of the Regional Planning Handbook, and section IX.C of the California State Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program Plan.
DBE PARTICIPATION CONTRACTS
Subrecipients with contracting opportunities can find a listing of certified DBEs at http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/bep/find_certified.htm.
Biannually, the Department must report DBE participation in its federal programs to the FTA and FHWA. To this end, subrecipients with contracting opportunities must submit information regarding successful bidders and contract payments to ORIP. Subrecipients without contracting opportunities must also submit information.
The marked FTA Uniform Report of DBE Commitments/Awards and Payments is due twice a year: April 1st and October 1st. The completed forms are sent to the appropriate Headquarters District Liaison listed below.
The designated DBE contacts for each subrecipients will receive an electronic reminder to submit a DBE report.
Marta Martinez, (916) 651-6010, District 1
Tyler Monson, (916) 653-8699, Districts 2 and 5
Andrew Knapp, (916) 651-8202, Districts 3 and 11
Priscilla Martinez-Velez, (916) 651-8196, Ditricts 4 and 9
Jacqueline Hodaly, (916) 653-9255, District 6 and 10
DBE REPORTING ToolBox:
For assistance with completing the DBE report, please contact Marta Martinez at (916) 651-6010.