- Division of Transportation Planning Home
- Planning FAQs
- Planning Offices
- Jobs & More - Caltrans Planners
- Contact Us
- About Us
System Planning Links
- Office of System & Freight Plannning:
System Planning Branch
- Geographic Information System
- Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan
- Ramp Meter Development Plan (RMDP)
- California Corridor Mobility
mpo & rtpa links for district 4*
*Includes Congestion Management Agencies (CMAs) and Sales Tax Authorities (STAs)
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission, MPO/RTPA
- Alameda County Local Transportation Commission, CMA
- Contra Costa Transportation Authority, CMA
- Transportation Authority of Marin, STA
- Napa County Transportation Planning Agency, CMA
- San Francisco County Transportation Authority, CMA
- San Mateo County Association of Governments, MPO/RTPA/CMA
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, STA
- Solano Transportation Authority, CMA
- Sonoma County Transportation Authority, CMA
Sr 12 CSMP (final document)
Connecting the Bay Area to the San Joaquin Valley
SR-12 is a mostly rural, two to four-lane route that supports interregional, recreational and commuter traffic between the Bay Area and the San Joaquin Valley. SR-12 is important for recreational travelers destined for Napa and Sonoma Counties as well as the Delta. It also serves as a commute corridor and a key interregional goods movement corridor because of its direct access to I-80.
Concerns about rising sea levels from the Delta Protection Commission and other agencies are causing Caltrans to take this issue into account for the safety and viability of the corridor. There is a great deal of sensitive habitat along this corridor as well. Limited transit service is available along SR-12, with intercity rail connection at Suisun City. This route also provides access to airports in Napa and Rio Vista, as well as Travis Air Force Base. There are few alternative routes to SR-12 connecting the communities along this corridor.
Corridor Specific Issues
- Key corridor connecting San Joaquin Valley, Delta and the Bay Area.
- Environmentally sensitive habitat and potential climate change impacts.
- Congestion most often present during peak commute times and weekends.
- Limited transit access; intercity rail access provided at Suisun City.
- Access to air services at Napa Valley Airport, Travis Air Force Base and Rio Vista Airport.
Corridor Mobility Improvement Account (CMIA) Project
The CSMP requirement is noted in the Baseline Agreements of all projects receiving CMIA funding. CMIA funds have been allocated for the following improvement project on the SR-12 Corridor:
- SR-12 Jameson County Widening
For More Information, please contact:
Office of System Planning