- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: August 23, 2012
District: 10 - Stockton
Contact: Angela DaPrato
Phone: (209) 948-7176
$745 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING WILL DRIVE ECONOMIC
GROWTH AND UPGRADE STATE’S TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
STOCKTON - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $745 million in new funding to 118 transportation projects that will provide congestion relief for motorists statewide and bolster the state’s economy.
“We’re providing much-needed jobs and putting people to work building better roads, bridges, rail, and transit for California,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. The allocations include nearly $82 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $14 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining $663 million in allocations today came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Highlights of the funding allocations include:
- Tuolumne County: $2,885,000 – near Buck Meadows at Big Oak Sidehill Viaduct on State Route 120, replace deck and seals, and upgrade railing on bridge.
- San Joaquin County: $41,779,000 – rehabilitate roadway on Interstate 5, from Charter Way to Country Club Boulevard. This includes reconstruction of the existing eight freeway lanes, widening inside shoulders, reconstructing outside shoulders and auxiliary lanes in order to improve safety and ride quality.
- City of Ripon: $400,000 – Main Street Phase 2 Enhancements. This includes landscaping, installing new decorative architectural features and streetscape on Main Street, from Acacia Avenue to Industrial Avenue.
- City of Jackson: $455,000 – construct building and ADA accessibility improvements for the Kennedy Tailing Wheels Park Building.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that received
# # # #