- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: August 22, 2012
District: 12 - Orange County
Contact: Gloria Roberts
Phone: (949) 724-2695
$745 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING WILL DRIVE ECONOMIC
GROWTH AND UPGRADE STATE’S TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
IRVINE - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $745 million in new funding to 118 transportation projects that will provide congestion relief for motorists statewide and bolster the state’s economy.
“We’re providing much-needed jobs and putting people to work building better roads, bridges, rail, and transit for California,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. The allocations include nearly $82 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $14 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining $663 million in allocations today came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Highlights of the funding allocations include:
- $3.1 million for Bristol Street Widening in the City of Santa Ana from Third Street to Civic Center Drive.
- $1.2 million to Reconstruct and Revegetate slopes in the Cities of Orange and Anaheim, from Santiago Canyon Road to State Route 91.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that received
# # # #