- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: June 28, 2012
District: 5 – San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Jim Shivers or Colin Jones
Phone: (805) 549-3237 or (805) 549-3189
NEARLY $1 BILLION IN FUNDING ALLOCATED
TO IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION AND STATE’S ECONOMIC GROWTH
SAN LUIS OBISPO - Continuing the drive to rebuild California’s infrastructure and spur job growth, the California Transportation Commission has allocated nearly $1 billion to 135 transportation projects statewide.
Approximately $600 million in funding was provided by Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. The remaining allocations came from assorted state and federal transportation accounts. In total, about $13.8 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
“Proposition 1B continues to fund key transportation projects, which translates into a strengthened economy,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Investing in our infrastructure will improve mobility and create a better future for Californians.”
Some of the notable local projects that received funding include:
- $1.3 million to improve access and enhance the corridor on the Estero Bluffs on Hwy. 1 near Cayucos in San Luis Obispo County south of North Ocean Avenue to south of Villa Creek Road. The San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) is co-sponsoring this project.
Please see the attached file for more information about all the projects that received allocations.
# # # #