- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of TransportationDate: December 15, 2011
District: 10 - Stockton
Contact: Chantel Miller
$401 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING TO REVITALIZE CALIFORNIA'S ECONOMY AND PURCHASE PASSENGER RAIL CARS
Stockton – The California Transportation Commission (CTC) today allocated $401 million in new funding to 39 projects that will help strengthen the state’s economy by creating jobs and providing congestion relief for travelers statewide.
“The benefits these projects bring to California are a huge boon to the economy today,” said Acting Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty, “and the investment in our transportation system will continue to serve travelers for generations to come.”
Proposition 1B, the 2006 voter-approved transportation bond, will supply $327 million in funds to 10 projects, including $42 million toward the purchase of 42 new passenger rail cars. They will be put into service on all three state-supported Amtrak California routes – the Capitol Corridor, San Joaquin and Pacific Surfliner. This supplements $168 million from other sources, including $68 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
To date, the state has allocated more than $11 billion in Proposition 1B funds for transportation purposes statewide.
Highlight of the funding allocations include:
- San Joaquin County: $50 million - widening 8.3 miles of State Route 99 in Manteca and San Joaquin County from four to six lanes (16.6 lane miles) between Arch Road and State Route 120. (Phase I of the project)
- Stanislaus County: $23.7 million – widening of State Route 219 between Morrow Road and State Route 108. (Phase II of the project)
- Merced County: $139 million – widening of State Route 99 from four to six lanes from Buchanan Hollow Road to Miles Creek overflow. Project also includes a new interchange at Arboleda Road.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that received allocations today.
# # # #