Obtaining a Highway Outdoor Advertising Permit
A Highway Outdoor Advertising Permit Application must be submitted and a permit secured prior to the placement of all displays which are regulated by the Outdoor Advertising Act . For a permit application click here . For more information on Outdoor Advertising Permit Requirements click here.
On-premise displays, with the exception of on-premise displays in a redevelopment area, do not require a permit. Refer to Sections 5272 thru 5274 of the Business and Professions Code , known as the Outdoor Advertising Act along with the sections which are referenced therein.
The Outdoor Advertising Act along with the California Code of Regulations govern the legal placement of displays. We have provided a brief summary of these provisions for your convenience.
There are several laws which prohibit new placements within specific types and segments of highways. The following are lists of highways which are not open to new displays:
If you would like to learn more about Bonus Segments click here.
Laws and Regulations:
- ODA Act and Regulations
- Assembly Bill Number 762
- Assembly Bill Number 1449
- Senate Bill Number 31
- Senate Bill Number 315
- Senate Bill Number 684
- Senate Bill Number 694
- Senate Bill Number 1480
- Obtaining License
- Permit Requirements
- Political Signs
- The 1958 Bonus Act
Federal State Agreement:
- ODA Display Permit Application (ODA-0002)
- Outdoor Advertising Operator's License Application
- Display Removal Authorization
- Permit Transfer
- Permit & License Cancellation
- Business Name & Contact Name Change
- Political Sign Application
- Payment Schedule For Poster Panel Removal (EXHIBIT 7-14)
- ODA Inventory as of January 1, 2015
- California Public Records Request
- Adopt-A-Highway Program
- California Code of Regulations (Refer to: Title 4-Business Regulations, Division 6-Outdoor Advertising)
- Tourist Oriented Directional Signs (TODS)
- Office of Administrative Law Home
- Office of Administrative Hearings
- Right-of-Way Manual - Chapter 7
- Right-of-Way Manual Change 124
- Title VI and Related Statutes
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for all the files associated with this symbol: . Download now!