Life-Cycle Cost Analysis
Aerial Photo of Interchange
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) is an analytical technique to evaluate the economic impact of project alternatives over a given analysis period. Read More ... (PDF, 3.2MB)
Attention: Automation error message may occur when running RealCost.
If this occurs, please submit an IT help ticket to resolve the issue by restoring a previous Office update. There are known issues with recent 2007 Office security update where ActiveX controls may fail to load.
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis Procedures Manual (PDF, 3.4MB), (Modified Aug, 2010)
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis Procedures Manual (PDF, 3.6MB), (Nov, 2007)
PPB 10-03 Estimating Initial Cost for LCCA (Apr 12, 2010, PDF, 70KB)
PPB 10-04 Deferral of LCCA (Apr 12, 2010, PDF, 69KB)
Memo: Use of LCCA for Pavements (PDF, 68KB), (March 7, 2007)
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis Introduction (EXE, 562 KB), (Dec, 2009)
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis Training (EXE, 3.6MB), (Dec, 2009)
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis Conclusion (PDF, 3.6MB), (Dec, 2009)
Related Resources referred to in the LCCA Procedures Manual
- Highway Design Manual - Chapter 610: Pavement Engineering Considerations (see Topics 612 and 619) (PDF, 660KB)
- Project Development Procedures Manual: Chapter 8 - Overview of Project Development
- Truck Counts (Division of Traffic Operations Vehicle Systems Unit)
- Download: LCCA Software (RealCost v.2.2 California Edition) (ZIP, 9.5MB)
- Agency Cost Multiplier
- LCCA Project Report Form (Appendix O-O of PDPM) (PDF, 59KB)
- CA4PRS Home Page
- Division of Transportation Planning manuals and technical supplements
Please forward any questions/comments/suggestions to Amy Fong (email@example.com). Last updated 12/11/12.