- What We Do
- 2008 AASHTO
- 2005 Highway Maintenance Customer Survey Results
- Roadside Maintenance Program
- Submit a Request for Maintenance Service
- Maintenance Manual
- Pavement Program
- Structures Maintenance and Investigations
- Work Zone Safety
- Caltrans Auxiliary Radio System (CARS)
- Maintenance Facility Design Manual
- Current Road Condition Information
- Integrated Maintenance Management System
Emergency Preparedness Exercises
Select to see ShakeOutCount Down
Division of Maintenance
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) owns or controls 350,000 acres of Right of Way and maintains 15,133 centerline miles of highway and 13,063 state highway bridges. Caltrans also inspects over 12,200 local bridges.
Mission, Vision, Goals, Values
- Provide a safe, sustainable, integrated and efficient transportation system to enhance California’s economy and livability
- A performance-driven, transparent and accountable organization that values its people, resources and partners, and meets new challenges through leadership, innovation and teamwork
- Safety and Health
Provide a safe transportation system for workers and users, and promote health through active transportation and reduced pollution in communities.
- Stewardship and Efficiency
Money counts. Responsibly manage California’s transportation-related assets.
- Sustainability, Livability and Economy
Make long-lasting, smart mobility decisions that improve the environment, support a vibrant economy, and build communities, not sprawl.
- System Performance
Utilize leadership, collaboration and strategic partnerships to develop an integrated transportation system that provides reliable and accessible mobility for travelers.
- Organizational Excellence
Be a national leader in delivering quality service through excellent employee performance, public communication, and accountability.
We promote trust and accountability through our consistent and honest actions
We are dedicated to public service and strive for excellence and customer satisfaction
We inspire and motivate one another through effective communication, collaboration and partnership
We are empowered to seek creative solutions and take intelligent risks
For individuals with disabilities, documents on this web site are available in alternate formats. To obtain a copy in one of these alternate formats, please call or write the Division of Maintenance at 916-654-4470 or 1120 N Street , MS31, Sacramento, CA 95814.Division of Maintenance Webmaster