- Organization Charts
- Client Requests
- Memos to GS Staff
- Geotechnical Manual
- Soil and Rock Logging Manual
- Foundation Reports
- Geotechnical Design Reports
- GS Discussion Board
- Geotechnical Education
- Industry Related
- GS Work Estimating Norm
- Geotechnical Engineering Software - Snail
Geotechnical Services provides statewide geotechnical engineering and engineering geology products and services for the Department. This includes soil and rock field investigations, geotechnical earthquake engineering, exploratory drilling, geophysics, and the development of foundation recommendations for structures, including design and construction support. It provides emergency response to landslides, rockfall, bridge scour and earthquake damage and an accredited geotechnical laboratory. Geotechnical Services also provides statewide policy, standards, procedure and guidance for geotechnical engineering and engineering geology products and services. It serves as the Department’s liaison to professional groups involved in soil and geologic investigations, design and construction.
Mission and Outcomes
Geotechnical Services provides planning, design, construction and maintenance recommendations to achieve project engineering objectives. Our recommendations help clients
- Effectively manage the scope, schedule, cost, and risks of project delivery and construction.
- And meet the overall performance objectives of the project.
Objectives to achieve outcomes include:
- Implement a Geotechnical Quality Management Program.
- Maintain a high level of Geotechnical Expertise.
- Enhance Client Interaction & Service.
- Enhance Industry Partnerships.
Deputy Division Chief
|Phil Stolarskiemail@example.com||(916) 227-7254|
|Geotechnical Design North||Districts 2, 3, 6, 9, 10||Abbas Abghari||(916) 227-1075|
|Geotechnical Design West||Districts 1, 4, 5||Tim Pokrywka||(510) 286-4840|
|Geotechnical Design South||Districts 7, 8, 11, 12||John Ehsan||(916) 227-4575|
|Geotechnical Support||Statewide||Doug Brittsan||(916) 227-7004|
|Geotechnical Design Policy & Practices||Statewide||Mark DeSalvatore||(916) 227-5391|