Michael Keever, Deputy Division Chief
|Structure Design is the structure project delivery subdivision in DES. Structure Design delivers plans, specifications, and estimates for structures including bridges, buildings, earth retaining structures, and pumping plants. Additionally, Structure Design provides technical construction support, advance planning studies, photogrammetric services, and preliminary investigation services.|
Structure Design is comprised of eight Structure Design Offices providing Structure Design Services.
Services provided by the Structure Design Offices:
- Contract Plans & Quantity Estimates for highway bridges & structures.
- Advance Planning Studies for highway bridges & structures.
- Technical support for the the design and construction of highway bridges & structures
- Technical liaison with Districts, outside agencies and other functional units.
- Provides the contract plans and estimates for transportation related structures
- Provides Architectural and Structural planning, technical support, standards design and review services
- Reviews consultant and Local Assistance special provisions for bridges and related structures
- Provides cost estimates and working day schedules for bridges and related structures
- Provides electrical, mechanical, water and wastewater planning, technical support and review services
- Develops design standards for electrical, mechanical, water and wastewater systems
- Provide photogrammetry products for Caltrans use - aerial photography, aerial photography reproductions, photogrammetric digital topographic maps, digital ortho-photographs and photogrammetric digital terrain data.
- Coordinate Caltrans photogrammetry operations; Develop standards for photogrammetry products produced by and for Caltrans; Develop and administer photogrammetry-related service contracts for Caltrans use, including: aerial photography, photographic reproduction, digital map compilation.
- Provide public access to the Caltrans aerial film library - an invaluable archive of aerial photography procured by Caltrans and other cooperating agencies that dates back to the early 1950's; Evaluate, develop, and procure cost-effective, new-technology photogrammetry equipment and systems.
Our Mailing Address
California Department of Transportation
Division of Engineering Services
P. O. Box 168041 MS 9-4/11G
Sacramento, CA 95816-8041