Clark Paulsen, Division Chief
Long-Term Assignment Travel Expense Claims (TEC)
Long-term assignment (LTA) expenses are limited to those authorized in Chapter 3, Long-Term Assignments.
LTA TEC's should include the first 15 to 30 days of short-term expenses claimed when seeking long-term accommodations.
In addition to the instructions in the In-State TEC's section of this chapter, all travel expense claims (TEC's) for long-term assignment should be checked for the following.
- Claims are identified as "LTA" under purpose of trip.
- One (1) copy of the approved Form FA1350 "Long-Term Assignment Information and Certification of Subsistence Rates" is attached.
- Receipts are required for all long-term accomodations and may
be submitted for reimbursement immediately upon
payment. Acceptable receipts from commercial establishments
must include the following:
- 1. Renter's name.
- 2. Name of the property (if applicable).
- 3. Property address and phone number.
- 4. The amount paid.
- 5. The rental period.
- 6. The landlord or property manager's name and phone number.
- 7. The landlord or property manager's signature.
Copies of cancelled rental checks or lease agreements alone do not meet receipt requirements.
- The Department may request additional information to substantiate a business transaction such as, but not limited to, rental agreement, copies of canceled checks or
any other information deemed reasonable.
- Utility receipts must show the item as paid before reimbursement can be claimed. Noting the check number paid to the utility company on the bill does not meet the
- Furniture rental expenses may not be claimed until an employee's monthly bill indicates it has been paid.
- LTA mileage and business miles to various job sites during the workday must be separated on the TEC from mileage to and from the main job site and mileage to obtain
- Meal expenses cannot be claimed until they have been incurred.
Examples of LTA TEC's
Examples of various LTA expense claims are available by clicking on the following:
- Long-Term Assignment: Short-Term Per Diem
- Long-Term Assignment: $24-$24 Method
- Long-Term Assignment: Rent and Utilities