- Local Assistance Home
- Bicycle Program Home
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Contacts
- Bicycle Commuting & Safety
- Bicycle Related Sites, Maps & Publications
- Bicycle Transportation Account (Local Assistance)
- California Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Codes, Laws & Regulations
- Guidelines, Manuals, Policies & Reports
- Special Events
- A Calendar of Bike Events Throughout California
- Tips for Safer Cycling
- ARB Bicycle Awareness Program
Dust off your bikes and mark your calendars because May is National Bike Month
May is Bike Month 2013 provides the perfect opportunity to give Active Transportation a try. Most trips Americans make are short: 50 percent are less than 3 miles, 40 percent are less than 2 miles, and 28 percent are less than 1 mile. These distances are ideal for beginning commuters. Try these events to get your blood pumping:
- May 1st -May is Bike Month Kick-off is May 1st,
- May 8th-Bike to School Day is Wednesday, May 8th
- May 9th Capitol Bike Fest is scheduled for Thursday, May 9th, on the West Steps of the State Capitol. This annual event promotes bicycling and other clean air transportation and celebrates May is Bike Month.
- May 17th -National Bike to Work Day.
- Everyday - Please obey all laws and ride Safely
For more information on May is Bike month and local events, please contact your district Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator
For more information, please contact:
Bicycle Facilities Unit
Division of Local Assistance, MS-1
California Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
Phone: (916) 653-2750
To report any difficulty experienced in accessing Caltrans programs, services or activities or any discriminations covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, please contact us at (916) 324-1353 Voice; 711 TTY; (916) 324-1869 Fax.
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.