The Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA), Office of Biological Studies provides leadership, direction, guidance and technical expertise in biology by developing and establishing policy, standards and procedures necessary to make wise transportation and natural resource decisions. Our goals are to:
- Resolve strategic project delivery issues with the rigor of science, sound engineering, effective policies, and strong partnerships;
- Improve stakeholder options and understanding by advancing science and sharing Innovations;
- Increase the breadth and depth of ecological expertise and leadership in the planning, permitting, implementation, and maintenance of transportation;
- Improve stewardship through better planning, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of restoration, enhancement, avoidance, minimization, and mitigation; and,
- Achieve conservation by integrating natural resources into all program and project decisions.