DRISI Research and Innovation
Caltrans Division of Research, Innovation and System Information (DRISI) manages a comprehensive program to research, develop, test, and evaluate transportation innovations sought by its customers. These innovations in methods, materials, and technologies enable Caltrans to promote safety, enhance mobility and sustainability, improve the management of public facilities and services, and protect public investment in transportation infrastructure.
Read more about DRISI
The Division of Research, Innovation and System Information:
- Sets its research agenda based on the involvement and participation of its internal and external customers
- Performs applied research
- Performs research for all modes of transportation
- Provides technical assistance to its customers for deployment of research products
- Engages in both short-term and long-term research
The Division of Research, Innovation and System Information provides solutions and knowledge that improve California’s transportation system.
- Strengthen and sustain our ability to serve as a central resource for technical expertise
- Optimize the quality and value of our products and services
- Catalyze organizational and transportation innovations
Awards and Recognition