Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
The DRISI System Information GIS Program is the focal point for all GIS activities in the Department including strategic planning, enterprise deployment, spatial data development, cartographic products, training needs, software purchases, and development of GIS applications.
What do we do?
- Geospatial Enteprise Operations Branch:
- Coordinate and collaborate with Caltrans IT, transportation partners and vendors;
- Implement and maintain desktop, server, and Web based geospatial technology within the Caltrans spatial data infrastructure (SDI); and
- Maintain the GIS Data Library, facilitate GIS training, and maintain and deploy GIS software.
- Linear Referencing System (LRS) Branch:
- Enhance the capability for efficient and effective transportation decision making through the use of GIS technology;
- Maintain and calibrate the LRS spatial database; and
- Respond to requests for postmile event data.
- Caltrans Web Map Gallery - Interactive Web Maps
- Public Postmile Query Tool - Interactive Postmile Viewing Map
- Caltrans Earth - Recommend using Internet Explorer for the best viewing
- District-County Map - Contains updated District 9 boundaries as of 11-1-15
- District-Region Map - Contains all Caltrans Districts and Regions
Page updated August 4, 2016