- Encroachment Permits
- Local Assistance
- Program ⁄ Project Management
- Public Information
- Small Business
- Contact Us
Olancha - Cartago 4 Lane Project
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) with the support of Inyo County Local Transportation Commission has proposed widening about 12.7 miles of U.S. Highway 395 in Inyo County near the towns of Olancha and Cartago. Learn more about what is being proposed and why it is necessary here. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.
Why this Public Notice notice?
Project-level air quality conformity analysis shows that the project will conform to the State Implementation Plan, including localized impact analysis with interagency consultation for particulate matter (PM10) required by 40 CFR 93.116 and 93.123. This project is not considered a Project of Concern regarding particulate matter (PM10) as defined in 40 CFR 93.123 (b)(1). A detailed PM10 hot-spot analysis was not completed because the Clean Air Act and 40 CFR 93.116 requirements are met without an explicict PM10 hot-spot analysis as required for projects of air quality concern.
Where you come in:
Do you have any comments about the findings from the hot-spot analysis or Particulate Matter (PM10) that shows the project conforms to the State Implementation Plan? Please submit written comments no later than Martch 19, 2014 to Susan Schilder, 855 M Street, Suite 200, Fresno, CA 93721 or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposed Preferred Alternative
On June 29, 2011, District 9 Director Tom Hallenbeck announced that the preferred alternative for the Olancha/Cartago 4 Lane project is a combination of Alternative 3 and Alternative 4.
Draft Environmental Studies
We have completed the environmental studies for this project and the results are explained in a report called a Proposed Negative Declaration and Initial Study/Environmental Assessment.
If you would like to comment on the findings of the study or make any other comments on the project, please submit your comments in writing between September 2 and October 22, 2010 to CALTRANS, 2015 E. Shields Avenue, Suite 100, Fresno, CA 93726-5428, Attention: Kirsten Helton. Email comments may be sent to email@example.com.
We will also have a public hearing/open house on Wednesday, September 22, 2010, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 at the Olancha School Multipurpose Room, located at 123 School Road in Olancha.
- Public Notice Announcement
- Public Notice Announcement
- Draft Environmental Document
- Draft Project Report
- Inyo Local Transportation Commission September 8, 2010 Presentation
- Inyo County Board of Supervisors September 21, 2010 Presentation
Learn More About the Project
- US 395 Olancha / Cartago 4-Lane Project Fact Sheet
- Where is the project located?
- What is the purpose of the project?
- Why do we need the project?
- What are the traffic concerns?
- How congested will it be?
- What are the safety issues?
- What are the options and how do they compare?
Other Project Related Information
- Contact our Project Manager & Environmental Manager
- Public Information Meeting Boards, Maps, and Handouts
- Supplemental Project Study Report