500 S. Main Street
Bishop, CA 93514
- Encroachment Permits
- Local Assistance
- Program ⁄ Project Management
- Public Information
- Small Business
- Contact Us
- Eastern Sierra Transit information
- Traffic Incident Information
- Work Zone Safety
- Scenic Highways
- Report a Maintenance Problem
- Seat Belt Ad
- More ...
Following pages are not maintained by Caltrans, Therefore we carry no responsible for their content.
- Chambers of Commerce
- District's Counties
- Visitor Centers
- Virtual Transportation Museum
- More ...
Caltrans District 9
Winter Road Closures for District 9 (Inyo, Mono & Eastern Kern Counties)
- SR 89 - Monitor Pass - Open, but closed during storm events
- SR 108 - Sonora Pass - Closed for the winter
- SR 120 West - Tioga Pass - Closed for the winter
- SR 120 East - Mono Mills Rd. - Open
- SR 158 North - North June Lake Loop - Open
- SR 168 Westbound - Aspendell - Closed for the winter
- SR 203 - Red's Meadow Road - Closed due to snow
- SR 270 - Bodie Road - Open
For California Road Conditons call Caltrans Road Conditons at 1-800-427-7623 or 511.
For Nevada Road Conditions call 1-877-687-6237.
For up to the minute road information click here to view our interactive road map: Caltrans Quickmap
Caltrans Mission & Vision
Mission: Provide a safe, sustainable, integrated and efficient transportation system to enhance California's economy and livability.
Vision: A performance-driven, transparent and accountable organization that values its people, resources and partners, and meets new challenges through leadership, innovation and teamwork.
If you have any comments or inquiries about Caltrans please call Florene Trainor, District 9 Public Information Officer at 760-872-0603 or e-mail by clicking here: Florene Trainor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and accept bids from all subcontractors and suppliers. This includes Minority and Women-Owned businesses, Disadvantaged, Disabled Veterans and emerging Small Business Enterprises.
To inquire, and for assistance call
Jessica Klemencic or email her at Jessica_Klemencic@dot.ca.gov
Small Business Liaison
- Small Business
- Small Business Development Center
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- All Advertised Projects
- Electronic Bidding
- All Look Ahead Projects
- District 9 Look Ahead Projects
- Contractor's Corner
- Caltrans Small Business Event Calendar
This office issues encroachment permits for work and activities in or encroaching on the State Highway Right of Way. Permit requests are reviewed and issued for activities that range from special events and traffic control to highway and utility construction projects. For further assistance, please e-mail Mark Reistetter at Mark_Reistetter@dot.ca.gov