- Caltrans Statewide
- District 4 Home Page
- District 4 Departments
- Organizational Chart
- Contact District 4
- MTC Bicycles and Pedestrian Planning Page
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition
- San Francisco Cycling Club
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle Friendly Berkeley Coalition
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition
- Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
- California Bicycle Coalition
- Adventure Cycling Association (Maps)
- Bay Area Bike Coalition
- Google Maps 'Bike There'
- Extensive Bike Lane Information
For more information on Caltrans Bicycle Resources, send us email.
District 4 Bicycle Advisory Committee (D4BAC)Formed in 1993, the primary mission of the D4BAC is to increase the number of bicycle and walking projects in accordance with the California Blueprint for Bicycling and Walking, to implement safe bicycle improvements, and to continue to support mandatory and routine accommodation for regional bicycle and pedestrian projects in accordance with Deputy Directive 64-R1 across the nine Bay Area counties. The District 4 bicycle coordinator provides staff support to the D4BAC.
Caltrans District 4 Bicycle Coordinator: Beth Thomas (510-286-7227)
- BIKE TO WORK DAY IS THURSDAY MAY 9, 2013!
Caltrans will have energizer stations on Grand Ave. at Valdez St. in Oakland and at the Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point (with Marin County Bicycle Coalition).
We will also have a table with bicycling information at Frank Ogawa Plaza in downtown Oakland.
- Caltrans Complete Streets
- Deputy Directive DD-64_R1
- Assembly Bill 1358, The Complete Streets Act