Highway 101 Widening in Santa Rosa News & Events
Work Now Postponed
Night Closures and Demolition Work at Railroad Bridge and Olive Avenue, as Part of the U.S. 101 Widening Project in Santa Rosa
Caltrans will perform demolition work as part of the widening project on eastbound State Route 12 at the Santa Rosa Railroad Overhead and continue to Olive Street. Dates for this overnight work will be determined.
This is likely to be noisy overnight work. Crews must do this work at night because the machinery is placed in the far right lane of the highway. Caltrans can only close a lane of traffic on a street or freeway overnight. The area below must be closed due to falling debris. Changeable message signs will inform motorists "Olive Street Closed Ahead. Use Dutton." Motorists can detour around Olive Street using Dutton and Third Streets. All construction schedules are subject to change due to rain. June 28, 2007.
|Speed limit Reduced in Construction Zone
Caltrans lowered the speed to 55mph in the construction zone of U.S. 101 and State Route 12 in Santa Rosa. Caltrans urges motorists to drive "Slow for the Cone Zone," reducing their speed and driving cautiously in construction work zones. Signs are posted with the 55mph speed limit and alerting motorists of speed limit changes. Caltrans lowered the speed limit due to conditions in the work zone affecting motorists and workers.
There may not always be orange cones marking the "Cone Zone," but orange construction signs, concrete railing, and heavy equipment all indicate an active work zone.
The 55mph speed limit will be in place until the U.S. 101 widening project is complete.
For more information on Slow For the Cone Zone, click on the links below:
- March 15, 2006 Santa Rosa U.S. 101 Widening Traffic Update
- November 22, 2006 Santa Rosa U.S. 101 Widening Traffic Update
- October 11, 2006 Caltrans Implements "Slow For the Cone Zone" on U.S. 101 Construction Area in Santa Rosa
- June 14, 2006 Closures on U.S. 101 and Surface Streets in Santa Rosa related to 101 Widening Project
- April 24, 2006 Highway 101 Closures at Steele Lane in Santa Rosa
- April 4, 2006 Groundbreaking Ceremony Photographs