Search Road Conditions
Caltrans District 4 | I-238 Widening and Rehabilitation Project
- November 12, 2008 Interstate 238 Widening and Rehabilitation Construction Update For Local Businesses and Residents
- I-238 Local Detours Overview
- Caltrans Project Fact Sheet
- ACTIA Project Fact Sheet
- Widen I-238 from 4 to 6 lanes between I-238/580 interchange and I-238/880 interchange.
- Widen northbound I-238 exit to southbound I-880 to 2 lanes.
- Construct auxiliary lane on southbound I-880 between I-238/880 interchange and A Street.
- Widen northbound I-880 to southbound I-238 freeway connection to 2 lanes.
- Construct auxiliary lane on northbound I-880 between Hacienda Ave. Overcrossing and I-238/880 interchange.
- Replace northbound I-238/Route 185 Undercrossing.
- Replace Clark Ave. Railroad Overhead.
- Rehabilitate existing I-238 pavement.
- Construction contract was approved September 5, 2006.
- Construction began on September 20, 2006.
- Construction is expected to last approximately 3 1/2 years.
- Construction contractor is FCI Constructors, Inc.
- The project is jointly funded by Caltrans, Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority, Alameda County Congestion Management Agency and Federal Highway Administration.
- Separate landscape contract will follow after construction completion.