- Caltrans Statewide
- District 4 Home Page
- District 4 Departments
- Organizational Chart
- Contact District 4
ALA-880 Median Barrier Project
- UPDATE - #1 and #2 Lane’s Closure for Median Barrier Replacement Various Locations along Interstate 880 Spring 2016 through Fall 2018
- #1 and #2 Lane’s Closure for Median Barrier Replacement Various Locations along Interstate 880 Spring 2016 through Fall 2018
California Department of Transportation (Median Barrier Replacement)
Metropolitan Transportation Commission (Express Lane Accommodation)
Bay Area Express Lanes
Interstate 880 in Alameda County from 0.6 mile north of Mission Boulevard (Route 262) in Fremont to south of High Street in Oakland.
This project will enhance safety by upgrading approximately 23 miles of existing median barrier with a 56-inch concrete barrier. Freeway safety lighting will be constructed in certain areas to enhance night time vision. The scope also includes electrical work and relocation of signs from the median to areas adjacent to the right shoulder.
Express Lane’s median foundation and related barrier work is being coordinated with the Median Barrier contract to reduce rework and minimize construction impacts.
The project will likely be staged in four (4) work sections*:
- Work Part 1 – Fremont Blvd to Route 84/Decoto Rd, approximately 12 months
- Work Part 2 – Route 84/Decoto Rd to Route 92, approximately 7 months
- Work Part 3 – Route 92 to Davis St, approximately 8 months
- Work Part 4 – Davis St to High St, approximately 7 months
D4 Public Affairs
California Department of Transportation