Caltrans District 4 I880 Mission ScopeProject Scope
Scope of Transportation Improvements
- Widen I-880 from 6 to 10 lanes between the Dixon Landing Road and Route 262 Interchanges, and from 6 to 8 lanes between the Route 262 and Fremont Boulevard interchanges (kilometer post R0.0 to 4.7). Two of the additional lanes will operate as high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes.
- Provide northbound and southbound auxiliary lanes between the Dixon Landing Road and Route 262 interchanges and between the Route 262 and Fremont Boulevard interchanges.
- Widen Route 262 (Mission Boulevard) from 4 to 6 lanes between Warm Springs Boulevard and I-880 (kilometer post R0.0 to R0.7). This will be completed in a second separate construction contract 1B.
- Reconstruct the existing Route 262/I-880 Interchange.
- Reconstruct the existing Route 262/Kato Road Interchange. The ramps will be completed in second separate construction contract 1B.
- Provide a local access interchange for I-880 at Warren Avenue.
- Provide continuous HOV lanes on I-880 between State Route 237 and Fremont Boulevard.