- Caltrans Statewide
- District 4 Home Page
- District 4 Departments
- Organizational Chart
- Contact District 4
80 EB HOV Menu
I-80 Eastbound HOV Lane Project From SR-4 to the Carquinez Bridge
This Project Has Been Completed
80 EB HOV Map
80 EB HOV Fact Sheet
The project will construct a 4.7 mile High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane in the eastbound direction of Interstate 80 between State Route 4 and the Carquinez Bridge.
Construction activities include:
- Widening freeway by 6.6 meters to provide for standard 3.6 meter HOV lane and 3.0 meter outside shoulder throughout the project length.
- Realigning the eastbound on-ramp at SR-4, eastbound on-ramps & off-ramps at Willow Ave and Cummings Skyway, and eastbound onramp at Crockett Ave due to freeway widening.
- Constructing a new eastbound Willow Ave off-ramp structure.
- Widening the Willow Avenue Undercrossing structure.
- Constructing two soil nail walls along the freeway in the eastbound direction with aesthetic treatment matching the walls on the westbound side.
- Constructing three retaining walls along the SR-4 structure, Willow Ave off-ramp, and Willow Ave on-ramp.
- Replacing damaged freeway PCC pavement slabs.
- Resurfacing existing asphalt concrete along freeway and ramps.
- Relocating overhead signs, highway lighting, Traffic Operations Systems (TOS) facilities, and drainage facilities.