Interstate 580 Scofield Avenue and Western Drive
Bridge Decks Replacement Project
Eastbound Lane Closures Resume
Contra Costa County – Eastbound lane closures resume for the Interstate 580 construction project east of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- Tuesday night, October 29, through Thursday night, October 31, Caltrans will close one eastbound lane from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday night, November 1, Caltrans will close one eastbound lane from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- In general, during November, eastbound lane closures will continue as necessary Monday night, through Thursday night, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., and Friday night, from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
This is an active construction site and the 45 MPH speed zone will be enforced by the California Highway Patrol. Drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Please remember to “Slow for the Cone Zone.”
For more information about the project, call the message line at (510) 286-5820 or visit the Caltrans webpage at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/580scofieldave/
Protecting California’s infrastructure investment is a priority for Caltrans. The State’s bridges and highways need to be maintained and rehabilitated to ensure their longevity and availability.
As a part of Caltrans’ State Highway Operations and Protection Program established to improve safety and preserve the California’s transportation infrastructure, the Department will construct a bridge deck replacement project on Interstate 580 in the City of Richmond just east of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge at Western Drive and Scofield Avenue. (Post miles 5.5 to 6.1)
This bridge rehabilitation project will:
For addition information, Contact Allyn Amsk at 510.286.5445
- Replace the concrete decks for three bridges
- Eastbound and westbound Scofield Avenue Bridge Undercrossings
- Westbound Western Drive Bridge Undercrossing that approaches the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Toll Plaza
- Strengthen structural steel bridge members
- Re-paint structural steel for corrosion protection
- Replace bridge deck joints and seals
Click to Enlarge
Current Construction Stage and Traffic Shift