Salmon Creek Bridge Replacement
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes to replace the Salmon Creek Bridge on Route 1 in Mendocino County. The current bridge, built in 1950, has a concrete deck over steel beams. The bridge is functionally obsolete because it is narrow and does not meet current standards for shoulders and guardrails. Maintenance costs are high because the steel beams must be repainted regularly.
- Advance Planning Study Cost Estimate Update (PDF 880K)
- Preliminary Site Investigation Report (PDF 7.9M)
- Code of Safe Operating Practices (PDF 700k)
- Deficiencies of the Existing Bridge (PDF 180K)
- How Caltrans Builds Projects - September 2011 (PDF 3.4M)
- Project Study report - August 2009 (PDF 23.7M)
- Final Value Analysis (VA) Study Report - Full Report for Albion River and Salmon Creek Bridges - October 2013 (PDF 23.5M)
For more information, contact:
Phone: (707) 445-6554, TTY 711
Public Information (Media Inquiries)
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Phone: (707) 441-4678, TTY 711