Salmon Creek Bridge Replacement
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes to replace the Salmon Creek Bridge on Route 1 in Mendocino County. The current bridge, built in 1950, has a concrete deck over steel beams. The bridge is functionally obsolete because it is narrow and does not meet current standards for shoulders and guardrails. Maintenance costs are high because the steel beams must be repainted regularly.
A Public Open House will be held on Thursday, April 24, at Albion Elementary School from 5-8PM. Caltrans staff will provide displays and be on hand to answer questions about the Albion River Bridge and Salmon Creek Bridge Replacement projects. More details will follow.
- Project Study report - August 2009 (PDF 23.7M)
- Final Value Analysis (VA) Study Report - Full Report for Albion River and Salmon Creek Bridges - October 2013 (PDF 23.5M)
Selected displays from the open house held on May 7, 2009:
- How Caltrans Builds Projects (Updated 3/9/10) (PDF 266K)
- The Environmental Process (PDF 118K)
- Summary of the open house
For more information, contact:
Phone: (707) 445-6554, TTY 711
Public Information (Media Inquiries)
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Phone: (707) 441-4678, TTY 711