Albion River Bridge Improvement
This project will evaluate improvements to the Albion River Bridge on Route 1 in Mendocino County near the town of Albion.
This project is needed because the bridge is narrow, it does not meet current standards for shoulders and guardrails, and maintenance costs are high.
A Public Open House will be held on Thursday, April 24, at Albion Elementary School from 5-8PM. Caltrans staff will provide displays and be on hand to answer questions about the Albion River Bridge and Salmon Creek Bridge Replacement projects. More details will follow.
- How Caltrans Builds Projects - September 2011 (PDF 3.4M)
- Project Study report - August 2009 (PDF 20.6M)
- Final Value Analysis (VA) Study Report - Full Report for Albion River and Salmon Creek Bridges - October 2013 (PDF 23.5M)
- Structure Replacement and Improvement Needs Report - March 2014 (PDF 10K)
- Advance Planning Study Pricing Update - May 2013 (PDF 3.6M)
- Feasibility Study for rehabilitating the existing bridge - May 2013 (PDF 4.1M)
- Tsunami Inundation Map, Albion Area - June 2009 (PDF 820K)
- Effective Speed Zoning, Why and How - Courtesy AAA of Southern California (PDF 2.3M)
- Peer Review Fact Sheet - August 2007 (PDF 169K)
- Albion River Bridge Inspection Report - May 2012 (PDF 2.5M)
For more information, contact:
Phone: (707) 445-6554, TTY 711
Public Information (Media Inquiries)
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Phone: (707) 441-4678, TTY 711