This interchange project will connect Route 101 to the Union Valley Parkway, an east-west arterial street leading from Blosser Road to Highway 101, near the communities of Santa Maria and Orcutt in Santa Barbara County. The purpose of the project is to improve traffic circulation to\from Highway 101, Orcutt, and Santa Maria Airport, and provide congestion relief on the existing regional transportation system.
Project features will include an overcrossing and access ramps at Highway 101, and landscaping.
- Open House Public Hearing (August 12, 2008)
- Approve Final EIR (May 19, 2009)
- Detailed Design and Right of Way Acquisition (2009-2012)
- Construction: October 2012-2013
- Follow-up Planting at UVP Interchange (2014)
$10.3 million, funded by State and Federal gas taxes, Prop 1B Bond revenues, and Santa Barbara County Measure A
This is a joint project of the City of Santa Maria, Santa Barbara County, Santa Barbara County Association of Governments, and Caltrans.