I-780 Laurel Street Bridge-Vallejo
This Project Has Been Completed
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will replace and rebuild the Laurel Street Bridge (Bridge # 23-0119) on Interstate-780 (I-780) in Solano County. The bridge is located above eastbound and westbound I-780 just east of the I-780/Interstate-80 (I-80) interchange in the City of Vallejo.
The I-780 Laurel Street Bridge will be closed for approximately 6-months while Caltrans constructs a new I-80 Laurel Street Bridge at the same site. The new bridge will replace the old existing bridge which will seismically retrofit the bridge and bring it up to the latest seismic safety standards.
The existing bridge was demolished in June 2017. Construction of the new bridge began shortly after demolition and could be completed as early as mid-January 2018.
Stationary mounted signs and changeable message signs (CMS) will be strategically placed to provide information regarding scheduled closures and detours.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
- Laurel Street Bridge Above I-780 Between Vallejo and Benicia Caltrans Completes Major Construction in Nine Months Anticipates Opening New Bridge to Traffic Friday, January 12, 2018
- Laurel Street Bridge at I-780-Vallejo Additional Block of Laurel Street Closed 4 Days Starts Monday, December 18, 2017
- I-780 at Laurel Street-Vallejo Full Overnight Highway Closures Three Consecutive Nights Starts Monday, November 6, 2017
- Laurel Street Bridge at I-780-Vallejo Additional Block of Laurel Street 4-Day Closure
- Laurel Street Bridge at I-780-Vallejo Additional Block of Laurel Street Closed 4-Days Starts Tuesday, October 17, 2017 UPDATED
- Laurel Street at I-780-Vallejo I-780 Full Highway Overnight Closures Bridge Deck Work Start Friday, September 29, 2017 at 10:00 PM
- Laurel Street at I-780-Vallejo I-780 Full Highway Closures-Two Consecutive Nights Bridge Girder Installation September 12 and September 13, 2017
- Laurel Street at I-780-Vallejo I-780 Full Highway Closures-Two Consecutive Nights Bridge Column Installation August 29 and August 30, 2017
- I-780 Laurel St Bridge Mailer
- I-780 Laurel St. School Flyer
- 780 Laurel St Bridge Detour Map 1
- 780 Laurel St Bridge Detour Map 2
- 780 Laurel St Bridge Detour Map 3