Caltrans Media Advisory
Nov. 23, 2016
Contact: Hayden Manning, Caltrans, (619) 688-6723
Helen Gao, SANDAG, (619) 699-1950
Work to Begin on I-5 Carpool Lanes, Rail Double Tracking, and Lagoon Restoration in North County
Federal, State and Local Leaders to Break Ground on First Phase of $6 Billion NCC Program
• Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty
• Caltrans District 11 Director Laurie Berman
• SANDAG Board of Directors Chair Ron Roberts
• California Transportation Commissioner Christine Kehoe
• FHWA Associate Division Administrator Monica Gourdine
• San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy Executive Director Doug Gibson
• California Coastal Commission Staff Member Gabriel Buhr
WHAT: Caltrans and SANDAG, along with federal, state and local officials will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the first phase of the North Coast Corridor (NCC) Program, known as Build NCC. Phase one projects include adding 14 miles of new carpool lanes on Interstate 5, nearly three miles of new rail double track, 10 miles of new bike paths, and restoration of the San Elijo Lagoon.
WHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 11 a.m.
WHERE: San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center
2710 Manchester Avenue
Cardiff, CA 92007
VISUALS: The LEED Platinum-Certified San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center, views of project areas, and various display boards providing more project-specific information.
Event speakers will also be available for one-on-one interviews..
# # #