Office of Regional Planning
Working cooperatively with the twelve Caltrans' district offices, the Office of Regional Planning (ORP) guides and maintains California's regional transportation planning process as follows:
- Monitor the regional transportation planning process through the Overall Work Program (OWP) and Regional Transportation Plan (RTP), coordinate the administration and funding of these documents, and act as liaison and advocate for California's regional transportation planning program.
- Responsible for the consistent and appropriate evolution of the regional planning process by reviewing and suggesting potential State and Federal legislation relating specifically to the regional transportation planning process.
- Respond to expanding regional planning issues, including analyzing impacts of new State and Federal legislation and maximizing the positive results of technological advances in planning and communications.
- Collaborate with Federal, State, and Regional partners to provide reliable information, guidance, and resources that relates to the regional transportation planning process.
ORP's goal is to identify and exceed customer expectations, maximize the use of resources, and provide additional training and support as needed.
The links below provide you with an individual listing of personnel contacts:
Erin Thompson is the Office Chief for the Office of Regional Planning.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
- Air Quality
- Regional Planning Tools
- Sustainable Transportation Planning Grants
- Regional Transportation Planning Guidelines
- Contacts for Caltrans Regional Planning, California Transportation Agencies, and Federal Transportation Partners
- Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Environmental Justice and Title VI Program
- Public Engagement
- Transportation Equity Branch
California Department of Transportation
Division of Transportation Planning
P. O. Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001