Traffic Incident Management Laws
Importance of the Laws:
- Since 1924, 178 California Department of Transportation employees have been killed on the job. One of the biggest hazards is from motorists who do not exercise caution while driving where highway workers are present.
- Since 1999, more than 150 U.S. law enforcement officers have been killed after being struck by vehicles along America's highways.
- In 2010 alone, 4 Caltrans Maintenance Workers and 3 CHP Officers were killed while working on California state highways.
- Move Over Law
- Steer Clear Law
- Hazardous Material Removal
- Removal of Material from the Highway
- Caltrans Workers Memorial & Worker Safety
System Operations Links