Caltrans Jobs and Testing Information
There Are Many Benefits Caltrans Offers Its Employees
- HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE - Choose from a variety of health and dental benefit plans for you and your family. Visit CalPERS for more information.
- VISION CARE INSURANCE - You are automatically enrolled into the state's Vision Program.
- RETIREMENT PLANS - Visit CalPERS for more information on the retirement plans offered by the state.
- PAID HOLIDAYS - Paid state holidays, plus 1 personal holiday each year.
- VACATION - Paid vacation, based upon years of employment.
- SICK LEAVE - Eight hours sick leave each month.
- ALTERNATE WORK SCHEDULES – Caltrans offers 4/10/40 and 9/8/80 alternate work schedules, depending on the particular work requirements and at the supervisor’s discretion.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – Confidential consultation, assessment, and referrals are available at no cost.
- EDUCATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT – Caltrans may provide partial educational reimbursement for college classes or training that are career related, for upward mobility and special programs.
- SAVINGS PLUS PLANS - The State offers a 457 Deferred Compensation plan and a 401K plan for customized savings.
- TELEWORK – Caltrans offers the opportunity to work at home, depending on the particular work requirements and at the supervisor’s discretion.
- Family Care and Medical Leave (CFRA) and Pregnancy Disability Leave
- MILITARY LEAVE - You may be allowed to take up to 30 calendar days with pay for military leave each year.
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE - You are allowed up to 24 hours paid time off if a member of your family dies, based on union contract.
- JURY DUTY - You may serve with no loss in pay.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Caltrans Jobs Links
General Information Line: (916) 654-2852
You can also call
California Department of Transportation
1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814