- Caltrans Home
- Division of Traffic Operations
- Office of Traffic Engineering
- Legal Truck Access Branch
- 45' Buses & Motorhomes
- Oversize/Overweight Permits
- Contact Permits Staff
- Trip Permits (Vehicle Reg)
- Air Quality - Emissions Reg's
- Terminal Access Application Procedures
- Special Route Restrictions
- Getting to Eureka
- Load Overhang
California requires that all commercial vehicles entering California have proof of financial responsibility. See the Ca. Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website for the insurance required to obtain the Motor Carrier Permit at : http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/mcp/mcpfaq.htm#minins.
For information on the Motor Carrier Permit, see this DMV website:
After visiting the DMV website, you may contact DMV, MCP Branch at (916) 657-8153.
Minimum Coverage Required
|7 or less,||
|8 to 15,||
|16 or more,||
Passenger Carriers are regulated by the Public Utilities Commission (PUC).
Any questions concerning passenger carrier requirements may be directed to PUC at (415) 703-2063.
Return to the Caltrans "Legal Truck Access Branch" page.