Transportation Planning Field Academy
A one-week long training academy to examine what is happening in the field of Transportation Planning.
2010/11 Fiscal Year Schedule:
- April 4-8, 2011 Field Academy Agenda (to follow)
- Link the planning process to the bigger picture, and provide participants with hands-on experiences that will help them understand how the State transportation system operates. It will give them a sense of the interdependence of the many components of the system.
- Allow participants to see innovative planning projects, hear about best practices, and experience the results of effective partnerships, so they can start collecting the tools that will help them become agents for change.
- Provide participants an opportunity to develop an action plan for applying the lessons they learned during the class when they return to their jobs.
- Provide partnership-building and networking opportunities.
- Assist in career development and succession planning by helping planning staff becomes more knowledgeable and balanced in their points of view.
- Provide participants with the change to travel using a number of transportation modes, examine complete streets, and experience challenges to providing multi-modal transportation options so that they have a better sense of how to effectively provide alternative modes and non-motorized/pedestrian options in transportation planning activities.
Target Audience: Transportation Planners who have completed the Basic Transportation Planning Academy.
Academies Facilitation Training - For Senior Transportation Planners only
- Sacramento - September 9, 2010
- Ontario - September 16, 2010
If you have any questions about course development or content, please
contact Lisa Franco@dot.ca.gov.