Life-Cycle Benefit-Cost Analysis Model
The Economic Analysis Branch routinely conducts life-cycle benefit/cost analysis for proposed state highway and public transit projects. Such analysis is performed using Cal-B/C, a PC-based spreadsheet model developed by the Branch and outside consultants. Cal-B/C can be used to analyze many types of highway construction and operational improvement projects, as well as some Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and transit projects.
When you download this tool you will see a dialogue box. Choose "save file" and specify a location where you would like to save this file.
- Download Cal-B/C v5.0 (XLS)
- Cal-B/C v5.0 Corridor
- Cal-B/C Input Sheets
- Cal-B/C User Guide (PDF)
- Cal-B/C Technical Supplement Volume 1 (PDF)
- Cal-B/C Technical Supplement Volume 2 (PDF)
- Cal-B/C Technical Supplement Volume 3 (PDF)
- Economic Analysis Branch - Economic Parameters
For questions or comments, please contact Barry Padilla.