Right of Way Functions
- Airspace & Telecommunications Licensing
- Excess Lands - Property for Sale
- Land Surveys
- Local Programs
- Property Management
- Real Property Services
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Right of Way Certifications
- Right of Way Storm Water
- Utility Relocations
- Wireless Licensing Program
Right of Way administers the statewide program for right of way acquisition and real property management in support of Caltrans' purpose, mission, vision and goals. The two primary responsibilities are:
- To appraise, and purchase property required for transportation purposes; affect and orderly relocation of affected families, businesses and utility facilities: and clearing of properties prior to construction.
- To comprehensively manage Caltrans' Real Property Program, reducing the costs of operations, and disposing of property no longer needed for transportation purposes.
Right of Way also has responsibility for:
- Monitoring right of way activities on federally assisted local facilities.
- Maintaining a stewardship role in the expenditure of federal funds.
- Ensuring local agency compliance when local funds are used for projects on the State Highway System.
Right of Way is headquartered in Sacramento, California.