- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: January 25, 2012
District: District 3 - Marysville
Contact: Gilbert Mohtes-Chan
Phone: (530) 741-4571
$347 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING TO DRIVE ECONOMIC GROWTH AND UPGRADE STATE’S TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
MARYSVILLE – The California Transportation Commission (CTC) today allocated $347 million in new funding to 47 projects that will bolster the state’s economy and provide congestion relief for motorists statewide.
The allocations include $281 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $12 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been allocated by administrative agencies for statewide transportation needs.
“We’re putting people back to work building better roads, bridges, rail, and transit for California,” said Acting Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty.
The remaining $66 million in allocations came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Highlights of the funding allocations include:
- Placer County: $1 million from the locally-administered State-Local Partnership Program to the City of Roseville to widen from two to five lanes a one-mile stretch of Fiddyment Road from Baseline Road to Pleasant Grove Boulevard.
- El Dorado County: $3.7 million from the State Highway Operation and Protection Program to construct water quality collection and treatment facilities west of Ski Run Boulevard to Wildwood in South Lake Tahoe.
- Sacramento County: $2.5 million from the locally-administered State Transportation Improvement Program to the City of Citrus Heights to construct sidewalks, bike lanes a pedestrian bridge, streetlights, streetscape enhancements and park signage on Auburn Boulevard from Sycamore Drive north to the vicinity of Rusch Park.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that received allocations today.
# # # #