- AB 1012 Implementation
- CADD Resource Files
- Construction Manager/ General Contractor (CMGC)
- Cooperative Agreements
- Cost Estimating
- District Liaisons
- Innovative Contracting
- Manuals & Guidance
- Metric to English Transition/ Program
- Project Acceleration
- Quality Management
- Resolutions of Necessity
- Resource Conservation
- Storm Water
- Value Analysis
Project Development Workflow Tasks (PDWT)
Part 3 - Identify Project Need and Project Initiation Document
II. Project Initiation Document
E. Prepare and Approve PID (WBS 150.25) - Prepare Draft PID (WBS 150.25.05)
Attachments to PID documents are used as support of the information and conclusions contained within the PID, and help clarify the project proposals. Since there are many PID types, each type will have varying types of attachments. Appendices in the PDPM recommend the appropriate attachments for each of the various types of PIDs. Attachments must be of sufficient quality such that subsequent copies remain legible.
Attachments to the PID:
- Must be legible.
- Should be standard 8 ½ x 11 inch or 11 x 17 inch paper size. Odd size attachments are difficult to copy and slow down reproduction.
- Maps should be oriented with the north direction facing up the page.
- Should have an identification letter or number such as; Attachment A, B, C or 1, 2, 3.
- Should be attached in the order in which reference is made within the PID.
- Should be listed at the end of the PID text.
- Should use shading or patterns rather than color.
- Must never contain specific traffic accident reports.
- Should be referred to within the text of the PID.
- DES Scoping Checklist
Recommended Map/Drawing Attachments:
- Area of Interest Map (Location Map/Vicinity Map)
- Plan View (Layout) or Strip Map
- Typical Cross Section
- Highway Inventory Photos
Other Typical PID Attachments that may be included:
- Conceptual Report
- Exception to Mandatory/Advisor Design Standard Fact Sheet
- Draft Cooperative Agreement
- Safety Analysis
- Structures Advance Planning Study
- Traffic Index Calculation
- Transportation Management Plan
- TASAS Report (Table B) Summary
- Lane Closure Recommendations
- Right of Way Data Sheet
- PEAR (Environmental Scoping Checklist)
- Categorical Exemption/Exclusion Certification
- Mitigation and Compliance Cost Estimate
- Design Designation
- Materials Report
- Preliminary Structural Section Recommendations
- Pavement Condition Survey Report
- Deflection Study
- Pavement Rehabilitation GIS Map
- Task Force Field Review Attendance Sheet
- Constructibility Review Attendance Sheet
- PSR-PDS Fact Sheets
- Signed Storm Water Data Report coversheet
If you have any questions about the Project Development Procedures Manual send e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
This page last updated November 20, 2010