- AB 1012 Implementation
- CADD Resource Files
- Construction Manager/ General Contractor (CMGC)
- Cost Estimating
- District Liaisons
- Innovative Contracting
- Manuals & Guidance
- Metric to English Transition/ Program
- Project Acceleration
- Quality Management
- Resolutions of Necessity
- Resource Conservation
- Storm Water
- Value Analysis
AB 1012, approved by the Governor on October 7, 1999 contains seven main elements and is an urgency measure. The main intent of the bill is to reduce the large cash balance in the State Highway Account in the State Transportation Fund. A complete copy of the bill can be found at:
California Legislative Counsel - AB1012 (Chapter 783 of Statutes)
AB1012 has seven major components as follows:
- Bill Language
- Advanced Project Development Calculation
- "Advanced Project Development Element per AB 1012 (Torlakson 1999)" memorandum from Robert Buckley dated November 17, 1999. This memo addressed to city and county Public Works Directors announces the Advanced Project Development element of AB 1012.
- CTC guidelines for Advanced Project Development dated 11/4/99.
- 2000 STIP fund estimate for Advanced Project Development 10/19/99
- "Advanced Project Development Element of AB1012" memorandum from Jim Nicholas dated 11/2/99. This memo addressed to Caltrans staff outlines the process for identifying Caltrans projects for Advanced Project Development
- "Nominations for Advanced Project Development under AB1012" memorandum from Jim Nicholas dated 10/1/99. This memo addressed to Caltrans staff requests help in identifying projects eligible for Advanced Project Development work
- Loan Application and Agreement
- Loan Guidelines and Procedures
- SHA Independent Fiscal Consultant List
Please forward any questions about the SHA Loan Program to Barbara_J_Lewis@dot.ca.gov.
- Guidelines for the Preparation of Project Study Reports dated 12/8/99 - CTC policy guidelines for Project Study Report content. (Replaces previous guidelines dated 11/3/99)
- Project Development Procedures Manual Bulletin dated 8/9/01 - Project Initiation Documents for Project Development Support Components
- ""Use it or Lose it" Notification Per Assembly Bill (AB) 1012" memorandum from Bob Buckley dated 1/19/00. This memorandum was sent to the Metropolitan Transportation Organizations, Regional Transportation Planning Agencies and Local Transportation Commissions providing notification of apportionment balances for CMAQ and RSTP.
- "Local Program Delivery Accounting of Unobligated CMAQ and RSTP Funds per AB1012's "Use It of Lose It" Provisions" -
- Caltrans policy guidelines dated February 23, 2000, for implementing the "Use It of Lose It" portion of AB1012.
- Caltrans Program Status of unobligated CMAQ and RSTP funds dated September 28-29, 2000.
This page last updated October 1, 2001