Office of Photogrammetry
JAMES M. APPLETON, Office Chief
The Office of Photogrammetry (OoP) is responsible for the following :
- Provide photogrammetry products for Caltrans use - aerial photography and photographic reproductions, photogrammetric digital topographic maps, digital ortho-photographs and photogrammetric digital terrain data.
- Maintain standards for Caltrans photogrammetry products.
- Manage photogrammetry-related contracts for Caltrans use, including aerial photography, photographic reproduction, and digital map compilation.
- Provide public access to the Caltrans aerial imagery library - an invaluable archive of aerial photography. For assistance, call (916) 227-7680 or email Caltrans.Aerial.Imagery@dot.ca.gov.
- Evaluate new photogrammetry equipment and systems.
- Coordinate Caltrans photogrammetry operations.
News & Events
2013- Caltrans Aerial Photo Index Guide for contractors along with various examples.
2008 - Begin new Caltrans sponsored research project with California State University Fresno (CSUF) to develop standards for Block configuration Airborne GPS Photogrammetry (ABGPS). See the Photogrammetry Research page.
2007 - Complete Caltrans sponsored research project with California State University Fresno (CSUF) on the use of Network GPS control for Airborne GPS Photogrammetry (ABGPS). See the Photogrammetry Research page.
2005 - The Office of Photogrammetry posts documents and resources for both English and Metric mapping. See the Photogrammetry Resources page.