Services > Office
Subject: Issuance of 2006 Revised Standard
The following 2006 Revised Standard Plans (RSPs), dated
September 1, 2006, are being issued and distributed
in electronic format:
A88A, "Curb Ramp Details"
P8, "Jointed Plain Concrete Pavement - Individual
2006 Standard Plan based projects must include these
RSPs, as applicable, for:
Projects in Division of Engineering Services - Office
Engineer (DES-OE) not Draft Contract Ready by September
Projects, including AADD, received in the DES-OE after
September 6, 2006.
RSP A88A has been revised to add the missing flare
lines in Case B.
RSP P8 has been revised to clarify the meaning and intent
of the plan and ensure information presented is consistent.
1) On Plan view, eliminated Note 3 notation from Multiple
Slabs in same lane detail.
2) On Plan view, eliminated of Note 4 notation from
Multiple Slabs in adjacent lanes detail. Added note
to state no tie bars between slabs on same detail.
3) On Type III slab replacement, replaced Note 4 notation
with "(no dowel bars)" notation.
4) Clarified the meaning of Note 6.
5) On Plan view, modified location of leader lines and
corrected spelling error for transverse joints. Also
clarified that edge of JPCP could also be either edge
of JPCP or a longitudinal joint.
6) On Dowel Stamp Detail, changed the word panel to
slab to fit specifications.
The listed RSPs are available in DGN , DWG and PDF
file format and are integrated into the list of 2006
Standard Plans at Caltrans Internet Website:
The listed RSPs are available also in:
1. One PDF file for easy downloading and printing,
2. TIF files for use in AADD projects:
The Standard Plans List SSP (StdPln) has been revised
to go along with the 2006 Erratum No. 2 and is posted
on the internet:
For questions or information regarding the Standard
Plans information, please contact Santo