Referenced standards reflect the minimum acceptable requirements. If there are questions on interpretation of this document please call Caltrans, Division of Equipment, Quality Assurance Branch at 916-227-9709.
- American Trucking Association "Technology and Maintenance Council Recommended Engineering Practices Manual 2000-2001" and "Recommended Practices Manual 2002 Supplement"
- ANSI Z 535.1 Safety Color Code
- ANSI Z 535.3 Criteria for Safety Symbols
- ANSI Z 535.4 Product Safety Label
- ANSI Z 535.5 Accident Prevention Tags
- ANSI/IPC-A-610 "Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies" and J-STD-001B
ASME-Y14.38M Abbreviations for Use on Drawings and in
Standards, and Technical Documents
- EN 50082 Electromagnetic Compatibility – Generic Immunity Standard
- EN 55022 Limits and Methods of Measurement of Radio Interference Characteristics of Information Technology Equipment
- FCC 47 CFR Parts 2 and 15
- FMCSR Title 49 section 393.30 Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations -- Battery Installation
- FMCSR Title 49 section # 393.31 Overload protection devices.
- Ingress Protection (IP) as stated in IEC Standard 60529
- IP65 Protected Against Water Jets From All Directions
- IP67 Protected Against the Effects of Temporary Immersion in Water
- IPC-A-600 "Acceptability of Printed Boards"
- IPC-A-620 Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- IPC-CC-830 "Qualification and Performance of Electrical Insulating Compound for Printed Wiring Assemblies"
- IPC-CM-770 "Component Mounting Guidelines for Printed Boards"
- IPC-SM-780 "Component Packaging and Interconnecting with Emphasis on Surface Mounting".
- National Electric Code Article 551 Recreational Vehicles
- National Electric Code Article 455 Generators
- National Electric Code (NEC) 250-6 (Portable and Vehicle Mounted Generators)
- National Electrical Code (NEC) 370 (Outlet, Device, Pull and Junction Boxes, Conduit Bodies and Fittings)
- National Electric Code (NEC) 210-7 (Receptacles and Cord Conductors)
- SAE 1938 Design/Process Checklist for Vehicle Electronic Systems
- SAE J1113-13 Electromagnetic Compatibility Measurement Procedure for Vehicle Components
- SAE J1127 Battery Cable
- SAE J1128 Low Tension Primary Cable
- SAE J1211 Recommended Environmental Practices for Electronic Equipment Design
- SAE J1455 Joint SAE/TMC Recommended Environmental Practices for Electronic Equipment Design (Heavy-Duty Trucks)
- SAE J400 Test for Chip Resistance of Surface Coatings
- SAE J858a Electrical Terminals – Blade Type
- Boats and aquatic craft used by Caltrans shall meet the A.B.Y.C "Standards and Technical Information Reports for Small Craft".
Reference Web links:
- Global Engineering Documents
- Electronic Interconnection Industry Association (IPC)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Boat and Yacht Council, Inc.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Explanition of IP ratings
- Molex Reference 1 on Proper Crimps
- Molex Reference 2 on Proper Crimps
- National Electric Code
Last updated 01/14/04